Thursday 15 January 2015

Polymer clay challenge 2015 : Week 1

Unbelievably I've managed to get my first week challenge done by the due date. Katie Oskin from KaterAcres has issued this challenge for each of us to create a polymer clay project every week for the next year. There is a facebook page with all the entries on it and most participants will do a blog post regularly on their progress. Wish me luck. It's going to be a long and busy year since I'm hoping to develop and grow my own jewelry line and try to sell it in some shops in town and maybe even some craft shows.
If you've been following me you'll know that i have become obsessed with polymer clay over the last few months and am trying many new techniques so this will be the place to feature them.
I've been playing with the Mokume Gane  technique for a few weeks so this is my first entry for the challenge. This technique results in a woodgrain affect in the clay and I find it creates stunning jewelry components. The  first bracelet bar I created totally by accident and I've been struggling to recreate it and finally succeeded. I'm just amazed with all the different results I can get with this technique. Here is the first one followed by some of my other attempts.





So that was week one in this year long challenge. I tried to publish this last week but blogger wouldn't download pictures for some reason so it had to be delayed. 
Check out Katie's facebook page to see more of this challenge.
Here's the link.
See you next week ( actually it's tomorrow)

1 comment:

  1. I love the different stripes and color blends, great work, well done. I have a challenge coming up on my blog and the first focal would be perfect for it :D LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.