Monday 8 September 2014

My favorite time of year!



I always breath a big sigh of relief when Autumn arrives each year. For many people it is just the harbinger of winter but for me it is a much needed respite from the hot, humid weather of southern Ontario. I loved summer when I was younger and healthier but since my heart disease appeared I can't tolerate the heat and humidity and spend most of my time indoors in air conditioned comfort.
I also love the clothes at this time of year.....wool sweaters, jackets, cozy scarves and socks.I love going for a brisk walk on a cool, sunny day and not break out in a sweat after 5 minutes! And the changing colours are so inspirational!

September has always felt like the New Year for me and I find it easier to get started on new projects and get organized for the rest of the year. I've been playing all summer with new jewelry techniques and having a blast experimenting with polymer clay but now it's time to pull it all together. I am getting  my jewelry and components photographed and will be adding to my Etsy  and Zibbet shop this week. Stay tuned!

Here are some of what I've been working on over the summer. Some will be in my shop and some are stepping stones to future projects.

              Polymer Clay, Acrylic Paint and Gilders' Paste Zentangle Experiments
                         

Summer Earrings






                                        Birthday Bracelets for my BFFs




                                                   Adora Bunny

Happy September!

2 comments:

  1. When summer is over, I'm always ready for autumn too. But there was no real summer here in Austria this year. I still long for some sunny days....
    Nice to see something new from you here, Nan. I see, you do a lot of with lampwork beads too - love the bright earrings above!
    xoxo, Michi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is my favourite time of year too!
    Beautiful work. I love the earrings with blue and orange beads and the dragonfly copper rectangles. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.