Sunday 21 September 2014

Gemstone and Metal Blog Hop

I finally have the chance to be in one of Lisa Lodge's blog hops. I have always enjoyed seeing what everybody creates using the jewels selected and sent out by Lisa of A Grateful Artist  Pine Ridge Treasures. When I saw the first notice about this hop I jumped at the chance to participate.
When I received my goodies from Lisa I immediately started planning what I would do and forgot to take a picture. I remembered halfway through the project so here is a picture of some of them.
Silver Leaf Jasper gemstones and antique brass metal .
My first impression of these stones was that the colour of the jasper is very dull especially with all the bright jewel tones we've been seeing this summer.  So there was my challenge....to brighten up these stones which are quite beautiful but needed something. I decided to work with the reddish-orange stones in my blog kit and use that family of colour to highlight the grey stones.
Carnelian and Agate gemstones with Silver Leaf Jasper

Jasper with antique brass clasp and Carnelian dangle

Lamp Work  Beads from Judith Billig

 I ventured further into the colour wheel and used some soft orange lamp work beads in this bracelet which is my favorite of the three. Probably because it feels more summery than the others which seem more suited to autumn.
Please hop on over to Lisa's blog to enjoy her creations then check out all the other participants. I can't wait to how everybody met the challenge

Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Kim Dworak, Cianci Blue
Karen Grosset Grange, Ginkgo et Coquelicot
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Katrina Taylor, I Wanna Go Out
Ann Schroeder, Bead Love
Kathleen Breeding, 99 Bottles of Beads on the Wall
Terri Wlaschin, Dances in Fog
Margaret Pelech, Big Margaret
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Heather Richter, Desert Jewelry Designs
Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn's Creations
Toltec  Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Shaiha Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
Chris Eisenberg, Wanderware (May be delayed a few days)
Eleanor Burian Moore, The Charmed Life
Christine Stonefield, Sweet Girl Design

Robin Reed, Artistry HCBD
Laurie Vyselaar, Lefthand Jewelry
Cassi Renee Paslick, Beads: Rolling Downhill
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Alicia Marinache, All the Pretty Things (May be delayed a few days)
Marde Lowe, FanciMarDesigns
Linda Anderson, From the Bead Board
Leithleach Alainn Seodra, Alainn Jewelry
Lisa E. Prewitt Knappenberger, LiRaysa Designs
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs

26 comments:

  1. oh man I LOVE that bracelet! SO gorgeous!

    Linda A.
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how the brass in your kit pulled your palette to warmer colours. I had silver with the same gems and used cooler colours. I love the daggers in the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All lovely pieces. I love the carnelian with the beads from your kit. My favorite, like yours, is the last bracelet. It's just so full of texture, and the lampwork beads are perfect with the jasper and metal, and I love the shape of the brass floral sawtooth rounds (or whatever they would be called!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pieces especially love the pop of red

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding the color was a brilliant idea. I like the reds. Wondering how it would do with some blues. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very pretty, I love all of your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your combination of colors and the brass, so much brass, that is brilliant! I love the bracelets and the daggers give a very tribal feel to the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would wear any of these in a heart beat - your use of color is fantastic.
    They are are lovely.
    ~cryssT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous designs. I have to say the bracelets are what really caught my eye....drooling over them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your jewelry, Nan. Adding in the carnelian give the silver leaf just the right amount of color contrast. My favorite piece is the last bracelet - great design. Judith's lampwork always looks gorgeous. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nan, You chose the perfect accent for the silver leaf jasper. The carnelian and redish lampwork really made your designs pop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love your designs!! All of them. Very well designed, great color combinations and symmetry!!! Great Job! Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nan - what an INCREDIBLE job you did! GORGEOUS!

    Linda
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
  14. Earthy, tribal and much more. The cherry red really gives your bracelet the color it yearns for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those designs are beautiful :-) I especially love the bracelets, and that second one has such a cool Asian feel, with the red and darker colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really digging that last bracelet. It says swingy, happy, wanna go out to me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really digging that last bracelet. Swingy, happy, wanna go out is what it says to me

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your pieces. You did a great job brightening the jasper. Your designs are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really like your second Bracelet the color is great Margaret Pelech

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like your color choices for adding that bit of pop to your stones. The bold colors really make the designs shine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely pieces - love the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful pieces. I love the first one with the spikes....Great job. Thanks for sharing!

    veradesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love the pops of red and orange that you added. It certainly brightened up the stone. I have a lot of jasper, I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely work Nan! I actually loved the jasper and you really made it look great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Nan,
    I love your work and fabulous creations, I wear lots of beads and always find wearing a touch of red very cheery. Looks a fun blog hop!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  26. You made it nicely. Specially the combination of colors is very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.